Monday, January 10, 2011

Overheard Poetry: A Costume Party


 A Costume Party (Overheard poetry, based on reading Craigslist ads)

He was selling Care-Bears in mint condition.
People misread the ad and showed up in their furry costumes.
He collected over $2000 at the door.
They thought there was a cover charge.
He sat outside and collected the money.
He couldn’t do anything about it.


His girlfriend was away.
He did it cryptically.
It’s fine to sell Care Bears,
but people were giving him money to go into his house
to have an orgy
dressed as animals.


He wrote, “Care Bear enthusiasts come, 20 dollars starts the bidding.”
He put it in the services offered section


***


Casual encounters, women for men, discreet encounter.
Fiercely sensuous Friday woman looking for men in Hartford county
Barnes and Noble, men for men.
Monday evening around 7PM, you were behind the counter.
You noticed my jacket and smiled

Laundromat owner in Boston.
Harry’s Pizza, tonight!
You admired my bike.
You sort of winked at me.

Even after multiple erotic encounters, you’re still number one on my list
Lately, I have been thinking about our night at the hotel.
I really want to talk to you again, you are my favorite teacher.
You made me a man.

No comments:

Post a Comment